NEW PATIENTS CALL:
13 Convenient North Carolina Triangle Locations
Groups and Seminars
Become a Partner:
Strategic Community Partners
hypnotherapy treatment therapist and CLINICIAN AT
CAROLINA PARTNERS IN MENTAL HEALTHCARE IN NORTH CAROLINA (NC)
Meredith Hailey, MSW, LCSW is currently offering hypnosis for weight loss and smoking cessation at our Wake Forest, NC office.
- All Services are self pay, and not billable to your insurance carrier
- The fee for the smoking cessation program includes three sessions
- The weight loss program typically lasts between five and eight sessions
For more information about hypnosis in general, please read the FAQs below or click here for a printable version. You may contact the Wake Forest office for more specific information about Ms. Hailey's fees and availability. To schedule an appointment as a new patient, please call our intake line at 919-929-9610.
ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE USE OF HYPNOSIS
- What is Hypnosis? Hypnosis is a technique through which the subconscious mind can be reached. It is an altered state of consciousness—with a purpose. Although some people have a fear of hypnosis, there is nothing mysterious about it as there is nothing abnormal about it. Medical experience has proved beyond doubt the therapeutic value of hypnosis.
- How intelligent must I be in order to be hypnotized? It is a basic principle that the more intelligent can enter the hypnotic state easier, faster, and with initially more beneficial results than a person of lesser intelligence. However, any person of average intelligence has the understanding and comprehension required to be hypnotized.
- What degree of concentration is required? You may have had the experience of watching a sporting event or a television program so intensely that you were unaware when someone spoke to you. You have also probably discovered a bruise or cut on your body although totally unaware of having received the injury. Anyone having experiences similar to these has the sufficient capacity for concentration to become hypnotized.
- Will I be unconscious during the hypnotic session? No. Even though you will feel completely and pleasantly relaxed, you will be acutely aware of everything that is happening. Since many people believe that hypnosis produces unconsciousness, they are often confused on this point.
- What sensations will I experience during the hypnotic session? Perfectly normal ones. You will feel comfortable, relaxed and tranquil throughout and after hypnosis.
- Would there be any possibility of my not coming out of the hypnotic state? Perfectly normal ones. You will feel comfortable, relaxed and tranquil throughout and after hypnosis.
- Would there be any possibility of my not coming out of the hypnotic state? None whatsoever.
- Will I recall what happened during my hypnotic session? Yes. Your subconscious mind will recall what transpired. In the majority of cases, the conscious mind will also remember. The therapeutic value of hypnosis depends upon subconscious retention entirely, and will be unaffected by whether your conscious mind remembers the session.
- Will hypnosis weaken my will power? No. A strengthening of the will power and not a weakening occurs. This fact is utilized to combat the functional or organic disease from which the patient is suffering. Only a small fraction of your vast mental potential is normally used, and even this is frequently reduced by stress, anxiety and tension of everyday living. Through hypnosis, we endeavor to utilize this potential.